The Norwegian Refugee Council HR Adviser NORWAY
HR Global section is located in NRC’ Head Office, and the Global HR team provides specialist expertise, capacity building, and global HR project change management, working within a matrix structure and providing support to HR professionals located in other countries (regional offices, country operations, representative offices). NRC has during the last 10 years experienced a tremendous growth. Human Resources has been an instrumental part in this by securing the right staff at the right time as well as NRC’s legal and moral obligations towards the 8000 employees in our country programmes, the 500 deployees and 250 staff at Head Office. In 2020 NRC implemented a global HR management system (Oracle).
The HR Adviser ensures that NRC’s core assignment processes are aligned and effective in NRC’s People management system, and the appropriate level of input from relevant IT and Finance resources and HR Leadership, Subject Matter Experts and other HR stakeholders.
- Lead and own the Core HR process area in NRC People and be responsible for the quality of the Core HR processes.
- Developing, implementing, and maintaining HR Core processes globally in NRC in accordance with the requirements and the decisions of the organisation.
- Expert in NRC HR Core processes – ensuring alignment of NRC HR employee relation standards through addressing process requirements with the configuration team for NRC People (HRMS Unit Configuration & Maintenance and system solution provider) as well as signing off that new features are in line with HR process requirements.
- Advisory role for the further project planning processes ensuring new functional design is aligned with NRC HR processes.
Please access the full Job Description for more details about the role.
What you will bring
- Professional knowledge of HR processes, including contracts, pensions and insurances, maintenance of personnel records
- Relevant education at bachelor level
- Documented experience from Oracle or other cloud based HRM system
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience within a relevant HR environment
- Fluency in Norwegian and English, both written and verbal
What makes this position attractive?
- A strongly committed, challenging, and international work environment in a large, world-renowned humanitarian organisation
- An opportunity to work with highly competent colleagues, develop your own skills in an international context while contributing to further professionalise our procedures
- A full-time, permanent position at our Head Office in modern locations in central Oslo
- Compensation according to NRC’s salary scale, good pension and insurance schemes
- This position is located in Oslo, Norway. Candidates, therefore, need to either be Norwegian nationals or have the legal right to work in Norway.
- For more information about the role, please contact Marita Skjæveland, Organizational Design Specialist Adviser NRC, mail: email@example.com
- Please submit all relevant documents when applying
All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organisation’s values; To be dedicated, innovative, inclusive, and accountable are attitudes and beliefs that shall guide our actions and relationships.